Department of Ophthalmology, Grigore T. E-mail: moc.
We report the detection of HPV 52 in a sample taken from a year-old patient with squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva of the left eye. The method used for the detection of HPV was real time polymerase chain reaction.
The evolution was favorable after surgical removal of the tumor and the patient was explained that long-term follow-up is essential to avoid recurrence.
Keywords: Conjunctiva, eye, human papillomavirus 52, real time polymerase chain reaction, squamous cell carcinoma Human papillomavirus HPV infection is strongly associated with anogenital tumors cervix, penis, vulva, vagina, anushead and neck cancers oral cavity, esophagus, larynxand nonmelanoma skin cancers squamous and basal cell carcinoma.
The association between HPV infection and eye tumors is little explored territory.
- Risultato positivo papilloma virus
- Virusul apei giardia
- Can hpv virus cause throat cancer - Hpv and throat cancer link
- Hpv related head and neck cancer symptoms - mobiliersiamenajari.ro
- Hpv causes head and neck cancers Human papillomavirus 52 positive squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva Hpv testing in head and neck cancer.
- Înțelesul "papillomavirus" în dicționarul Engleză Înțelesul "papillomavirus" în dicționarul Engleză Traducerea «papillomavirus» în 25 de limbi Traducerea «HPV» în 25 de limbi The epidemiology of hypopharynx and cervical esophagus cancer Sinonimele și antonimele papillomavirus în dicționarul de sinonime Engleză Introduction Human papillomavirus 52 positive squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva Symptoms of head and neck cancer caused by hpv In addition to tobacco and alcohol abuse, certain viruses have been associated with squamous cell carcinoma SCC of the head and neck, causing alterations in DNA.
Di Girolamo brings forward a two-hit theory that explains cancerogenesis in OSSN: The first hit is mediated by ultraviolet radiation exposure that causes genetic alteration and the second hit is mediated by HPV infection in the susceptible cells.
Case Report We present a unique case of squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva examined and treated in June The year-old patient presented at the Ophthalmology Department for mild stinging sensation and redness in the left eye for almost 1-year and a half.
He has been treated for the last 2 months with dexamethasone eye drops for scleritis by another ophthalmologist. The patient admits being a heavy smoker for almost 30 years and that in his free time he practices agriculture without using sunglasses.
Comentarii Thieme congratulates Dr. More than half of the patients recognized being chronic alcohol and tobacco users.
All other ophthalmological findings were normal. Conjunctival culture was performed before surgery, and no bacterial infection was found.
The CT scan of the head and neck showed no signs of tumor invasion of the orbit or the lymph nodes. The limbic lesion was removed surgically with 2 mm margin of normal tissue and diathermy of the adjacent sclera was done.
At the end, the remaining temporal defect was restored using a supero-nasal conjunctiva graft fixed in position with interrupted and surjet The excised tumor was cut into 2 fragments: One for pathology preserved in formalin and one for HPV genotyping preserved in Cobas polymerase chain reaction PCR solution and refrigerated at 4°C until processing.
Histopathology exam can hpv cause head and neck cancer a moderate differentiated can hpv cause head and neck cancer squamous cell carcinoma of the can hpv cause head and neck cancer without koilocytosis [Figs.